Did you know “Bondi” is an Aboriginal word to describe ‘Water breaking over rocks’? Today there is plenty of water breaking over rocks, but with a heap of onshore wind chop. I’d say pass on the surf and crank the work out – she’s all blown out. Thankfully the suns out now.
Here are some other Bondi facts you might find interesting:
• 10,700 people live in the Bondi Valley (in Summer I reckon this doubles)
• The average age in Bondi is 30 (very young)
• Edward Smith Hall and Francis O’Brien purchased 200 acres of Bondi in 1851. Hence we have streets named after them. Imagine owning 200 acres in Bondi now – you’d be rich. Filthy.
• The salubrious Bondi Aquabumps Gallery is listed the 3rd best tourist attraction in Sydney from 223 on the Lonely Planet website.
• Brett Whiteley, the painter, once live in an apartment on Campbell Parade (Near Max’s Shoes). He painted Bondi a lot.
• Bondi Beach is also the name of a wave pool at Corowinds Theme Park, South Carolina, USA.
• Bondi can get 50,000 people on the beach in peak season…it’s been like this for nearly 100 years. There was 35,000 people on Bondi when Black Sunday went down in 1938 – 250 people were swept out to sea, the biggest mass rescue down here. (4 drowned)
I have 6 office desks that I am giving away for free (as in actual desks, not office space)! Yes, free. See pic. If you want them, bring the ute to AQUABUMPS GALLERY 151 Curlewis Street Bondi Beach, pull them apart (you do), and they’re all yours. Must be between 10am to 6pm today, tomorrow and Sunday. They must be gone by Sunday night.
I have had a few complaints that my daily email is crashing your email program, if this is happening to you, can you tell me when it started, Mac or Pc and what email program you use to read Aquabumps (e.g. Outlook)? Tell Us