Gallery Sales Assistant Vacancy – Applications Close 14th July 2018
- Location: Aquabumps Gallery – Bondi Beach store
- Track record in retail sales
- Casual position, 15-30 hours per week
- Weekend & Christmas availability necessary
- $$$ per hour salary – to suit candidate experience
- Minimum 2 years sales experience required (preferably in retail/gallery environment – but not essential)
At Aquabumps, we are passionate about the beach, surf and photography. Aquabumps has been in operation for 18 years and we are at the forefront of producing photographic fine-art prints. We have a high demand for our photographic artworks and deal with customers from all over the world as well as local clientele.
We are looking for a gallery sales assistant who has excellent customer service skills.
Just to be clear…this position is on the gallery floor and not on the beach taking photos all day long sipping cocktails working on your tan…that job has been taken by :: uge (sole-contributing photographer of 19 years).
We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service…yep…good old fashion customer service where we do what we say we’re going to do…y’know…call people back (our customers like talking to humans, not computers), we carry sold artworks to their car and care that it gets home safely. We go that extra mile to make sure our customers are happy.
Are you a team player? It gets busy in our gallery (especially in summer) and working together is essential.
So if you think you can walk up to a complete stranger, light up an authentic and engaging conversation, talk them through our production process, provide interior design advice and guide them into selection one of our +1,000 range of artworks…you’re looking good…I reckon we want to speak with you.
We’d like you to be:
- Passionate about the beach, surf and Aquabumps. (even if you boogie board)
- Available on weekends – these are peak times for our gallery
- A clear communicator in-store, on phone and over email.
- Organised/multitasker – it gets busy and our customers like to gang up on us and all call/email at once.
- Computer savvy. You’ll need to use PCs, Outlook, Excel and Word. Na you don’t need to be a geeky Bill Gates – but you need to how to operate all the software without a blink of an eye.
- Well presented – we’re a slick gallery and you’ll be front of house. You’re representing us.
If this sounds like the type of job you would thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply with a 1-page resume and cover letter to Attn: TYSON MILLAR (Big Cheese) email@example.com to join the growing Aquabumps family.
Sorry, due to the nature of our small, close-knit team family; no travel visas.