- Production Manager – AQUABUMPS
- Full-time position, dual location (Bondi/Alexandria)
- Salary – Commensurate with experience
About the Aquabumps
We are a small team with big goals. We love the beach and are passionate about creating stunning fine art photography. We have pioneered selling artwork online and in our Bondi Gallery since 1999. Yeah, that’s right – 23 years. Our sole photographer, Eugene Tan (::uge) started a ritual of photographing the beach, at sunrise, daily. The Aquabumps brand grew online as did the catalogue of work which now covers much of the globe.
Aquabumps is an agile, fast-paced, innovative company – with a family feel. We pride ourselves on quality customer service and are constantly rewarded with 5-star reviews. Customers walk in the door with a smile – excited to own one of our celebrated pieces.
About the role
We are currently seeking a production professional to join our high-calibre team. You will be primarily responsible for the planning, coordinating, and controlling manufacturing processes so that our high-value products are delivered on time and within budget. As a Production Manager, you’ll oversee and coordinate all supply chain activities in fulfilling Aquabumps orders.
To be a successful applicant you will be naturally self-motivated and detail-oriented person and possess a natural passion for working in a creative and digital space. You will be able to collaborate effectively with peers as well as work autonomously in executing daily supply chain management tasks. You will be able to manage the expectations of internal stakeholders and liaise effectively with external suppliers and contractors.
Aquabumps is predominantly a made-to-order business, exporting to customers across the globe. In this role, you will be responsible for our print production studio and be in control of the smooth and timely delivery of artwork orders to our clients.
This is a full-time position, with seasonal demands. The role is onsite (dual location, Bondi/Alexandria), and flexible onsite work arrangements are negotiable for the right candidate. This management role requires a wholesale commitment to the Aquabumps brand and work ethos, with the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Order Fulfillment – coordinating all production activities to complete orders, on time to the high-quality standards required.
- External Production Scheduling and Coordination – working with our major framing supplier.
- Printing – managing production workflow and printing fine art prints and trim.
- Manage Print Specialist Assistants, including training.
- Quality Assurance – inspect and approve the final product.
- Logistics – Organising the dispatch of orders globally using multiple freight companies.
- Inventory Management – Online and in store. Maintain accurate stock levels of key SKUs.
- Reporting – prepare and issue business performance reports and recalibrate operational requirements to improve results
- Production Ordering – proactive management of all consumables for the studio and business.
- Customer Service & Sales assistance – assist on the gallery sales floor when required.
- Problem Solving – Support the Creative Director and Gallery Manager as required, working to resolve all customer related issues until fully resolved.
- Productivity Projects – own and drive process and productivity improvement initiatives in areas of the Supply Chain that interest you and meet businesses evolving needs.
Benefits and perks
- Working with one of Australia’s iconic photography businesses
- Ongoing workplace training,
- Career development opportunities
- Work in a supportive, growth-mindset work culture
- Location – Bondi Beach, swim after work
- Staff discounts on artworks from the gallery
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will require the following skills:
- Proven production coordination or management experience (minimum of 2-years).
- Outstanding problem solving and confident decision-making skills.
- Business acumen, and an ability to develop and use business metrics to make sound decisions, schedule, and coordinate.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in an eCommerce platform preferred.
- Proficient computer skills – we are PC based, using outlook, excel, word, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge, awareness, or a genuine interest in digital printing processes.
- Awareness of or experience in using Adobe Photoshop.
- Ideally, experience using large format printing equipment.
- Possess a natural ability to multi-task and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and service driven environment.
- Natural interest and ability to seek out and apply continuous improvement initiatives.
- An ability to respond to changing business needs, to work in close cooperation with the Aquabumps family, and have an unrelenting can-do attitude and growth mindset.
If you believe you meet the criteria outlined, please apply by emailing your up-to-date resume and cover letter to the Gallery Manager.
Attn: TYSON MILLAR, via email@example.com
Applications sent without a cover letter will not be considered.