It’s been pouring for hours now. Your shoes are probably still soggy. I went down the beach this morning – no one. Not 1 surfer, not one decent wave, not even the hard core bodysurfers. It’s like a wet ghost town. Large 7 foot sets are breaking but the 30 knot onshore is tearing it to pieces. I watched the storm water drains spew out plenty of filth so I’d say it’s a good time to trawl the net indoors for photos from the recent big swells. These 7 photos are from last week at Bronte when it was big and clean.
Web trawling’s to distract you on a very rainy day:
– The honks at Stab Mag are famous for their innovative ideas. This time they’ve stuck red flares on the tail of Bruce Iron’s board in the Mentawais, lit them up as he coasts through Indo tubes. Kinda like an afterburner. Check out the video that has just released. It’s good.
– Local artist and surfer Johannes Leak is having a surfboard art exhibition called “SURFACE” at the Beach Road Hotel on 29th July at 7pm. That man has talent.
– As part of the Bondi Winter Magic festival the July Ice Ball is this Saturday night, 23rd at 6:30pm. It’s black tie and held at the salubrious Swiss Grand Ballroom.
– Did you know professional surfer Danny Fuller is handy with a camera?
– Or one of my favourites – Camerabag
– Laura Richardson has lost her kitty cat. If you’ve found a 4 month old kitty near Crystal Car Wash on Curlewis Street Bondi call Laura 0420 940 448
Tomorrow is going to be real big but REAL messy and unrideable I think. But if you drive I reckon you will find.
Over and out :: uge