These autumn mornings are great. Today was especially great because:
- With the recent time change my body still thinks it’s 6:30am when it’s 5:30am. You can fit a whole world of stuff in before heading to ‘work’. Also it’s not a strain to get up and see/shoot the sunrise.
- The sunrises are best in Autumn. I have no scientific reasoning, but they rock. The skies were sprayed with colour this morning before the sun cracked it open.
- The water is warm…like really warm, boardie warm.
- Everyone is in a very good mood when the weather is like this. We deserve it after a disappointing summer
- I can shoot my morning shots in 15-30 minutes. Sometimes, especially days with no waves or light, it can take 2-3 hours to shoot 7 measly shots. Today I pointed the camera in any direction and there was a good shot.
- The waves were fun. Not talking Marky Mathews at Solander…just small east swell bumps, 2 foot and playful. The mal riders in the middle where having a blast amongst the huge crowd chaos. Yep, no agro out there today.
- World Champion Longboarder Jennifer Smith was out at Bondi this morning doing her thing.
- Today is Tuesday and it’s a short week with Easter 4 day break coming. And this Easter will host good surf. That’s exciting.
- My son, Jet has completed his teething process on his 4th fang. He’s sleeping like a log. I am human again.