This is how my morning unfolded:
- 6:00am…first beach inspection – Junky and grey, looked onshore when it was meant to be offshore at Bondi (NE). Winds seem to be coming from the East. What tha? I was ready to shoot in the brine, all wettied up and all. Looked bad so headed home to rethink plan.
- 6:20am…returned to beach with long lens (200mm to 400mm) and nifty 50 (mm). Waited for good waves – didn’t come. Went to south rocks for new angle…nope, nothing decent. Waited…waited. Starting thinking…better start shooting something else as surf isn’t that flash. Not many swimmers, no major events, not much light.
- 7:00am...went home again. Wrestled the groms. Spike coated me in snot.
- 7:30am…headed out again just with 50mm and the groms. Spike tried to lick every manky bin from Roscoe St. to beach. Will get sick for sure. Shot portraits of anyone I bumped into for a chat on the way. Waves looked 10 times better! What a improvement. Winds went offshore (true NE) and some nice ones rolling in (3-4 ft). Banks still lacking. Many waves were fat or closing out. Sun is out. Much better. I like.
- 9:00am to now…stared at a wall looking inspiration to write this copy (not my strength – I like taking photos). Getting twitchy and need to surf.
Ends :: uge